    SubjectRe: 2.3.51 tulip broken

    > For those not interested what superficially appears to be a kernel power
    > grab, there are issue underlying all of what appears to be a personal
    > conflict.
    > 1) Should the kernel source code interfaces, for well-understood
    > interfaces, be stable? (We are solidly committed not having a binary
    > interface, so bringing that up is a red herring.)
    > 2a) Given that development kernels are frequently unstable in some
    > unexpected way, is is reasonable force testing of driver changes
    > combined with unknown other changes?

    I think so. Anyways, it worked with usb, and it seems to be the only
    way to stay in sync with kernel development.

    > 2b) Given that the kernel continues to exponentially increasing in size,
    > should all development go through the latest development kernel?

    Is that really a problem? (My kernel _still_ compiles in 10
    minutes. Granted, it used to compile in ten minutes on p/233, now it
    is ten minutes on celeron/300 :-)))
    I'm "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."
    Panos Katsaloulis describing me w.r.t. patents me at

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.034 / U:2.064 seconds]