    SubjectRe: 2.3.51 tulip broken
    Date
    In article <38D0D24A.BE7D77D@kalifornia.com>,
    David Ford <david@kalifornia.com> wrote:

    >The pcmcia issues I have (at the moment) are OOPSes from insertion/removal and loss
    >of keyboard/mouse. I do have some activation issues from suspend but I'll address
    >those once I can get my laptop to stop crashing from card insertion/removal.

    I'll pipe up and say this one more time:

    - if you don't want to debug PCMCIA module loading, do not compile the
    PCMCIA code as modules!

    It's known to be broken. I left the module option in, because I hoped
    somebody would actually want to debug it. Nobody seems to want to do
    that, so I'll probably just remove the option, and force people to
    either compile it into the kernel or use the completely stand-alone
    PCMCIA support.

    The keyboard/mouse loss should be fixed in the pre-2.4 tree.

    Linus

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.020 / U:29.948 seconds]