SubjectRe: MADV_SPACEAVAIL and MADV_FREE in pre2-3
   From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de>
Date: 17 Mar 2000 12:05:04 +0100

pre2-3 defines MADV_SPACEAVAIL in asm-alpha/mman.h and MADV_FREE in
asm-sparc/mman.h.

These defines are not used anywhere else in the kernel - and therefore
the madvise function will return EINVAL for these defines.

Is this really desired?

They are values provided by OSF and Solaris respectively.

If this makes for a big issue wrt. glibc we could move them to
the OSF/Solaris emulation code on Alpha and Sparc but I think
this would be really silly and would like to not have to do this.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans