SubjectRe: SGI Visual Workstation (from the JOBS lists)
On Tue, 14 Mar 2000 kernel@mail.intercomp-sys.com wrote:

> I just got this email from SGI (from one of their engineers) regarding SGI
> Visual Workstations:
> So, I think that SGI Visual Workstation should be (sadly) removed from
> kernel 2.3.x (and the final 2.4)
> Comments?

not a comment but a question which maybe you can answer. I notice that the
vw support included configuring the SMP hardware without an SMP BIOS. I've
been thinking of building on this for linuxbios, i.e. using this code as a
starting point for code that can configure the SMP hardware in the absence
of the SMP bios being there.

Does this make any sense, or will I need to start from scratch?

ron

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.063 / U:1.232 seconds]