    SubjectRe: [linux-fbdev] fbdev 2.4.0 cleanups
    On 13 Mar 00 at 11:21, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
    > > Well, maybe that it is just me, but I can say something, I think
    > > that we should left this code here for whole 2.4.x, as I still sometime
    > > run 2.3.x together with 2.2.x and unless I switch to devfs, I must
    > > have /dev/fb1 pointing to 29,32; but to 29,1 for 2.[34].x. I think
    > > that it is unacceptable.
    > You have a point here... I'll change the comment from 2.4.0 to 2.5.0 if you all
    > agree.
    Yes.
    > > square on matroxfb); video4linux (in)compatibility). I received
    > The video4linux case is very disputable: opening a hardware device twice is bad
    > practice. You're not allowed to do that with e.g. audio neither.
    There is O_NDELAY for audio devices, is not it? BTW, it is really surprising
    that I cannot run 'fbset' from XF86_FBDev anymore :-( Or when I'm watching
    TV... And because of you need to open an /dev/fb* to get con2fb map,
    at least one mine application stopped working on /dev/fb1 if
    /dev/fb1 is unused, but /dev/fb0 is used.
    > So for 2.4.0, I think we should focus only on
    > - Updated vfb, so new drivers do things well. I suggest to add a warning to
    > the top of vfb that _new_ drivers not complying to the new rules will not
    > be accepted (and I'll enforce this by asking Linus to remove any _new_
    > drivers that don't).
    If you think. I still do not agree with these ideas, but you are two and
    I'm one...
    > - Updated other fbdev (cfr. vfb), if possible
    If it makes code smaller. It does not with currently done changes.
    > - Clean ups and bug fixes
    Always welcomed.
    Best regards,
    Petr Vandrovec
    vandrove@vc.cvut.cz

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.023 / U:0.424 seconds]