SubjectRe: (reiserfs) Re: patch: reiserfs for 2.3.49
Stephen, you have suggested in the past, and we have agreed with you, that there
is a need for a struct for fs specific info.

When that functionality is available, we will use it and migrate these flags to
that struct. Zarochentcev, as part of his allocate on flush work, has created
such a struct, and I hope that in 1-2 weeks he will have a working patch which
both creates an FS specific struct, and creates a VFS memory pressure
operation. He has been working on it for 6 weeks, and I am told he is not as
far off now as I had feared. However, even though he will create a clean
solution, I propose that as a pragmatic matter we be allowed to use these 5
unused bh_state bits for now in 2.4 with the understanding that the fs specific
struct must be used in 2.5

Hans

--
You can get ReiserFS at http://devlinux.org/namesys, and customizations and