    SubjectRe: 2.3.51 -- I am still seeing the"shmget: shm filesystem not mounted" error
    > Just as well.  Some ancient X shm code I just looked at waits for a
    > confirmation event back from X before doing IPC_RMID, so I guess this
    > behaviour of not allowing shmat after IPC_RMID was already the case for
    > a certain "SunOS" some years ago.
    > As it should be.

    I'd disagree. The remove and attach technique is very very commonly used
    by other applications in order to ensure the segment is deleted if a program
    crashed - directly analogous to open/unlink/read.

    Gimp wont be the only thing that breaks. So the old behaviour needs to work
    at least for SYS5 IPC, what posix ipc does is another matter

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.018 / U:11.224 seconds]