    Subject2.3.51 kb/mouse cardbus
    I tried a few things in pc_keyb.c
    I was right atleast with the IRQ thing, the interrupt doesn't get sent. I
    found one line in pc_keyb that when commented out allowed my keyboard to
    stay working (but the mouse doesn't work).

    aux_write_ack(AUX_ENABLE_DEV); /* Enable aux device */

    When this is commented out, I assume the mouse doesn't send anything (and
    doesn't lock up)

    kbd_write_cmd(AUX_INTS_ON); /* Enable controller ints */

    This being disabled didn't change a thing.

    Is there a way I can tell linux that ide1 is not present and not to probe
    for it? I tried 'ide1=noprobe' but didn't do any good.

    I have a feeling that some how, yenta being compiled in and the cdrom
    installed is causing something to step on something else.