SubjectRe: 2.3.51: ip_finish_output: bad owned skb = c3737480

> > > I believe it's netfilter that's doing this. It's been noisier
> > > than a marble in a Prince Albert can since about 2.3.47 or so. Anyone
> > > know WHY it suddenly got so noisy even with debugging disabled?
>
> > I just re-checked source code in 2.3.51 and AFAICT it is not possible
> > to have any of those messages generated with debugging disabled
> > as whole debugging stuff is "#ifdef CONFIG_NETFILTER_DEBUG".
>
> > Are you sure you *disabled* it? The most sure way to do it it is
> > (form linux dir)
>
> I experienced that problem on an earlier version (2.3.48 or 2.3.49)
> and have not gone back and rechecked it.
>
> > cp .config ..
> > make distclean
> > cp ../.config .
> > make oldconfig
> > make dep
> > make bzImage
> > make modules
>
> Made everything from scratch. Even re-unpacked the sources. But
> it was not the latest version, so that may have been the problem then.

Well, three more ideas. Before running 'make *Image' but after running
oldconfig in the above example check for the following:

1) check for NETFILTER_DEBUG in your .config file, it should look like
this:

[adam@pepsi linux]$ grep NETFILTER_DEBUG .config
# CONFIG_NETFILTER_DEBUG is not set

2) check the include/linux/autconf.h file

[adam@pepsi linux]$ grep NETFILTER_DEBUG include/linux/autoconf.h
#undef CONFIG_NETFILTER_DEBUG

3) as final check you might want see what the actual o file contains. The
first one below is compiled with CONFIG_NETFILTER_DEBUG enabled the second
one is compiled with the said "feature" disabled.

[adam@pepsi linux ]$ nm net/core/netfilter.o | grep debug
00000338 t debug_print_hooks_ip
000005dc T nf_debug_ip_finish_output2
00000528 T nf_debug_ip_local_deliver
000005a0 T nf_debug_ip_loopback_xmit
[adam@pepsi linux ]$ nm net/core/netfilter.o | grep debug
[adam@pepsi linux ]$

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.036 / U:0.064 seconds]