SubjectRe: [patch-2.3.51-pre2] misc cleanups
In article <20000310123602.E20147@lrc.di.epfl.ch> you wrote:
> You might as well just throw an #error into the code to fail the build.
> So at least people will know before they reboot.
Indeed, please do this. (Or just make it work for non-devfs as well)

> Better yet, an error or warn verb in the configuration language might
> be quite useful. Or a way to declare forward references, but that approach
> has other problems (e.g. how to sneak them into the Configure script).

I once had a way of dealing with this, what it did was:

At the end of "make config", check a set of declared "dependency rules" and
if they are violated, just give a warning-message and run a "make
quietoldconfig" so that only the relevant questions are asked again.

At that time, nobody was interested.... But if people are interested now, I
can dig it up....
Greetings,
Arjan van de Ven

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans