    SubjectRe: [patch-2.3.51-pre2] misc cleanups
    In article <> you wrote:
    > You might as well just throw an #error into the code to fail the build.
    > So at least people will know before they reboot.

    Indeed, please do this. (Or just make it work for non-devfs as well)

    > Better yet, an error or warn verb in the configuration language might
    > be quite useful. Or a way to declare forward references, but that approach
    > has other problems (e.g. how to sneak them into the Configure script).

    I once had a way of dealing with this, what it did was:

    At the end of "make config", check a set of declared "dependency rules" and
    if they are violated, just give a warning-message and run a "make
    quietoldconfig" so that only the relevant questions are asked again.

    At that time, nobody was interested.... But if people are interested now, I
    can dig it up....

    Arjan van de Ven

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.019 / U:32.584 seconds]