SubjectRe: APM_power_off
Date

jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com said:
> Ok you have basic ACPI system support but since ACPI is disabled
> there isn't much other knowledge about your system that can be
> gleaned.

I don't really care too much about ACPI further than the power_off function. I
submitted a patch a while ago to attempt each available power_off function in
turn - so that if the ACPI one failed, the system would attempt the APM
function, if present.

But why does USB end up on IRQ 10 with CONFIG_ACPI - and IRQ 19 otherwise?
How does ACPI in the _kernel_ affect the IRQ routing? I thought Linux didn't
reroute IRQs - so whatever the BIOS sets up ought to be the same whatever
Linux is configured to do?

--
dwmw2