    SubjectRe: DVD-ROM problems
    I just got my hands on a Toshiba DVD drive (model
    1212 I believe) and experience no problems. This
    indicates that the drive is storing the disc
    length and failing to reset it for DVD's. I
    cannot find anyone else with this same drive under
    Linux, so I ask anyone who has an Acer DVP1040A or
    Pioneer 114 DVD-ROM drive to see if you get
    similar results to what I receive on my system.
    If so, I'd appreciate some help patching the cdrom
    driver to work around this problem (it works fine
    in windows). BTW here's the code that I've been
    using to read the drive, but it gets the job done:

    http://www2.iastate.edu/~sumbach/charcount.c

    This also allows one to test for the problem
    without applying the UDF or CDROM patches. You
    may need to be root to run the program. After
    compiling with gcc charcount.c -o charcount you
    can run it on any file (for my tests I used
    charcount /dev/cdrom). Please CC my e-mail address
    when replying.

    -Sam Umbach
    sumbach@iastate.edu

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.129 / U:90.032 seconds]