SubjectRe: Kernel v2.2.15pre5 SCSI 2940U2W with AIC7895 boot still broke(with fix).

Hi Doug,
I have linux 2.2.15pre5 that has aic7xxx.c v5.1.23. To apply your
patch below v5.1.25 I must first apply v5.1.24.

However, when I went to your site and got aic7xxx.5.1.24.patch
and did "patch -p1 <aic7xxx.5.1.24.patch" in /usr/src/linux, it
dumped alot of hunks for aic7xxx.c into the rej file. THen when the
v5.1.25 patch is applied to the aic7xxx.c driver it patches ok.

QUESTION: which kernel version was aic7xxx.5.1.24 patched agains't?
Otherwise, I'll just get bogus results I think in testing the
patch below.

In addition, it also causes patch reject (hunk) problems agains't
linux 2.2.15pre6.

MIke