SubjectRe: load balancing and masquerading?
Date
Dear Brent,

An alternative solution:
Assuming web traffic
Assuming each provider has a web proxy server

1. Make sure traffic to each provider uses their
particular link (traceroute).
2. Configure a "squid" proxy server with two
parents, one at each provider.
3. Set up your local web browsers to use your
proxy server.

I suspect the official way may involve routing
with BGP(?), and I doubt if your ISP's will
allow that.
Please keep me informed because I'll be
treading down this path when DSL comes to the UK.

Tim

"Brent Clements" <bclements@imonlineinc.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,,
>
> I was wondering if I could do the following with linux and if
> their was someone doing this currently.
>
> I want to setup a linux box that has 3 network cards in it...one of
> the network cards would be assigned a private ip address and the other
> two network cards would be assigned a dynamic public ip address by my
> upstream adsl provider. What I want to do is load balance between the
> two adsl links..is this possible? By Load balancing I want to be able
> download items from the internet from a workstation in my private
> network using these two "load balanced" adsl lines.
>
> Thanks,
> Brent Clements
> Im Online, Inc.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.027 / U:0.316 seconds]