    SubjectRe: BP6 noapic
    > On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 03:32:42PM +0000, Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
    > > Are you sure everything is correct for dual celeron systems in the Apic
    > > architecture?
    > If you're having problems with the BP6 crashing on you, could you try the
    > "QQ" beta bios ( will point you in the right place)? For me and

    I'm already using QQ Bios from the day it has been published.

    Actually QQ bios was the first one which I could use to at least boot
    the idk linux patched kernel with nosmp option.

    > FAQ at , the linux-kernel

    I know this one.
    But so far there was NO solution for my problems.

    > list isn't really the appropriate place to discuss broken hardware, even if
    > Linux does tend to exacerbate the situation.

    It's way to much easy to say its broken hardware....
    (Anyway why does linux supports broken Pentiums.... :))

    > It sounds like you're also running into problems with the HPT66 IDE

    I'm using standard UDMA33 IDE.

    Anyway "noapic" currently has solved ALL my problems I had.
    (Actually now I'm again starting to believe I don't have to worry about
    lockups of my machine - also there is just 1.5% loose in the computing
    power so far with noapic option)

    I think some other BP6 users might also try this option to see if it helps.

    binary drivers cause sclerosis of the kernel (mark hahn)
    Zdenek Kabelac {;}

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.020 / U:106.448 seconds]