SubjectRe: BP6 noapic
> On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 03:32:42PM +0000, Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
> > Are you sure everything is correct for dual celeron systems in the Apic
> > architecture?
> If you're having problems with the BP6 crashing on you, could you try the
> "QQ" beta bios ( will point you in the right place)? For me and

I'm already using QQ Bios from the day it has been published.

Actually QQ bios was the first one which I could use to at least boot
the idk linux patched kernel with nosmp option.

> FAQ at , the linux-kernel

I know this one.
But so far there was NO solution for my problems.

> list isn't really the appropriate place to discuss broken hardware, even if
> Linux does tend to exacerbate the situation.

It's way to much easy to say its broken hardware....
(Anyway why does linux supports broken Pentiums.... :))
> It sounds like you're also running into problems with the HPT66 IDE

I'm using standard UDMA33 IDE.

Anyway "noapic" currently has solved ALL my problems I had.
(Actually now I'm again starting to believe I don't have to worry about
lockups of my machine - also there is just 1.5% loose in the computing
power so far with noapic option)

I think some other BP6 users might also try this option to see if it helps.

binary drivers cause sclerosis of the kernel (mark hahn)
Zdenek Kabelac {;}