    SubjectRe: Do not use stock RedHat 6.0 kernels with SMBFS!
    Hi David.

    >> I've just read through your description of the problem, and
    >> if I'm understanding it correctly, then it's impossible to
    >> set up SMBFS to work in a network where both Win95 and
    >> Win98 are in use.

    >> If so, this needs to be sorted out.

    > Not true. You just need to turn off the Win95 workarounds
    > in the kernel, and supply the options as needed to smbmount
    > on a per-mount basis. Voila, you get the bug-fixes for
    > Win95 mounts, and none for Win98/NT mounts.

    Errr.....Now I'm totally confused...

    From the comments made earlier, I understood this bug affected
    behaviour both when mounting a Win9x share from Linux and when
    mounting a Linux Samba share from Win9x. However, your comment
    appears to imply that it only affects the former ???

    My query was relating specifically to the latter: How does one
    export a Samba share from Linux in such a way that it can be
    mounted simoultaneously by both Win95 and Win98 systems?

    Best wishes from Riley.

    * Copyright (C) 1999, Memory Alpha Systems.
    * All rights and wrongs reserved.