From: Marc SCHAEFER [mailto:schaefer@alphanet.ch]
Sent: Tuesday, February 29, 2000 8:01 AM
To: linux-scsi@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject: Re: Driver reading from a file

WANG,YIDING (HP-SanJose,ex1) <yiding_wang@agilent.com> wrote:
> I was wondering that any utility under Linux can allow drvier to read some
> variable form a file during dirver initialization stage? If there is,
what
> is the utility can be used in the driver initialization stage to talk with
> user or driver configuration or system configuration file?

No, however you can define module variables which will be passed to the
driver.
Example (for 2.2.x):

/* Module parameters */

int unacceptable_mask = 0; /* You can use this to bypass detection
* of the boards. E.g. setting to 4
* will skip the 3rd board.
*/
#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(2,2,0)
MODULE_PARM(unacceptable_mask, "i");
#endif /* >= 2.2.0 */

Use:
insmod driver.o unacceptable_mask=1

Used in conjunction with on-demand loading (/etc/conf.modules) or with
startup scripts, you get mostly similar functionnality.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.081 / U:0.104 seconds]