    SubjectRe: How to survive in a Micro$oft environment??
    On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Anton Ivanov wrote:

    > I read the rest of the thread and I noticed various quotations starting with
    > 13.xx which I do not see in the dump you attached.
    > Err... where is everyone reading the tcpdump from? What you sent in the
    > beginning finishes at 14.24? And I do not see scanning there. In it there are
    > few thing still:
    > Broken network. See below:
    > 14:22:28.349230 > udp 84
    > The response is broken network/OS:
    > 1. 10.x.x.x es return broadcasts sent to These are on a
    > different network. Unless I am wrong you are not supposed to return anything to
    > a broadcast that does not match any of your interfaces broadcast IP addresses.
    > 2. If NT goes bananas on rwhod it is indeed interesting because it is 100% unix
    > specific.
    > Richard, can you remove rwhod from startup and see if any of the NTs still
    > suffer sudden urges to lose sanity?

    Okay. I got rid of rwhod. It sends a query to broadcast which results in
    a storm from the 10.x.x.x M$Garbage machines. It apprears that this
    storm is the culprit.

    I have restarted the network a few thousand times with a shell-script
    doing :
    ifconfig eth0 down
    kill -TERM -1
    sh /etc/rd.d/rc.inet1
    sh /etc/rc.d/rc.inet2

    ... and the M$Garbage machines that were having trouble didn't

    Dick Johnson

    Penguin : Linux version 2.3.41 on an i686 machine (800.63 BogoMips).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.022 / U:0.860 seconds]