    SubjectRe: How to survive in a Micro$oft environment??

    According to the old law of the land, and then enshrined in common law,
    if an apple tree has a branch overhanging the road, passerby commit no
    crime by plucking an apple from it to assuage their hunger.

    In fact, passerby are welcome to satisfy their hunger from bushes off
    the side of the road, as long as they only satisfied their hunger and
    didn't carry anything off with them. This didn't confer on them the
    right to set up camp, but seems comparable to me of the use many people
    make of network scans.

    Its only neighborly to share some resources. I practice what I preach.

    - --sig--
    Mercury is harmless. If swallowed, 99% will just pass right
    through you.

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Ricky Beam wrote:
    > YES. Do you have explicit permission to be using the computing resources
    > (albeit next to nothing) of the other network? I know this sound stupid
    > and trivial, but it isn't.
    > If an unknown entity scans your network for unknown purpose(s), it should
    > be treated just as if some shifty character were wandering through the
    > parking lot looking in every car. (That's a good way to strike up a
    > conversation with a cop.)

    Version: 2.6.3ia
    Charset: noconv

    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.020 / U:2.264 seconds]