    SubjectRe: Do not use stock RedHat 6.0 kernels with SMBFS!
    On Mon, Feb 28, 2000 at 04:22:40PM +0000, Riley Williams wrote:
    > Hi David.
    > >> I've just read through your description of the problem, and
    > >> if I'm understanding it correctly, then it's impossible to
    > >> set up SMBFS to work in a network where both Win95 and
    > >> Win98 are in use.
    > >> If so, this needs to be sorted out.
    > > Not true. You just need to turn off the Win95 workarounds
    > > in the kernel, and supply the options as needed to smbmount
    > > on a per-mount basis. Voila, you get the bug-fixes for
    > > Win95 mounts, and none for Win98/NT mounts.
    > Errr.....Now I'm totally confused...
    > From the comments made earlier, I understood this bug affected
    > behaviour both when mounting a Win9x share from Linux and when
    > mounting a Linux Samba share from Win9x. However, your comment
    > appears to imply that it only affects the former ???
    > My query was relating specifically to the latter: How does one
    > export a Samba share from Linux in such a way that it can be
    > mounted simoultaneously by both Win95 and Win98 systems?

    Those comments above only relate to mounting Win9x shares on a Linux
    system, not the other way around. You shouldn't have any problem with
    exporting shares to both W95 and W98 from Linux, at least none that I know

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.020 / U:99.540 seconds]