SubjectRe: devfs + reiserfs?
Richard Gooch writes:
> Depending on how bad the breakage is, you could try producing a
> devfs-for-reiserfs patch yourself. If you whip up a working patch, I'm
> happy to plonk it onto my ftp site and announce it. I'll even work
> with you to ease ongoing maintenance. It's been done before with the
> RAID patches.

Heh, I've tried it with the latest reiserfs and devfs patches. It
was trivial. I remember that I got more rejects when I tried it
some months ago. I was too intimidated then to take a look at the
rejects :)

Ok, here's the solution to the problem. After patching both devfs
and reiserfs into the kernel you get 1 reject file in fs/.
Depending on which patch you apply first your line 21 in
fs/Makefile will miss "devfs" or "reiserfs". Just add the missing
one and you've done.
I think this is too trivial for a patch so I didn't create one.

Regards
Martin
--
A successful [software] tool is one that was used to do something
undreamed of by its author.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.071 / U:0.240 seconds]