SubjectAdding SB-compatible IsaPNP card?
Hello,

I have an el-cheapo Advance Logic ALS-007 IsaPnP soundcard (or
something very similar) in my computer, which is mostly sb-compatible.
The sb driver gets it running, if I set up the card manually using the
isapnp utilities..
However, the isapnp-sb driver in the 2.3.x kernels can not yet set up
this card. The source code contains a table with info about different
cards (sb_card.c, line 483 in 2.3.48), but I have no idea how to add
info about my card to this table.

cat /proc/isapnp:

Card 1 'ALS0110:PnP Sound Chip' PnP version 1.0
Logical device 0 '@@@1001:Unknown'
Supported registers 0x2
Device is not active
Active DMA 0,0
Resources 0
Priority preferred

(I cut the rest because I think these are the interesting bits for
now...)

How can I find out from this info what I should add to the table of
cards? What other stuff is needed? Or is there anyone who can do it if
enough info is given? I tried several things around 2.3.41 or so and
the table didn't seem to have so many columns then, but I didn't get
anything that worked.

Any help is appreciated, it would be great if this card would just work
without having to mess with it! :-)

Regards,

--Tim :-)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.033 / U:0.304 seconds]