SubjectRe: drivers/parport/parport_pc.c
Russell King wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The following patch allows parport_pc.c to be compiled on architectures
> without PCI support.

That was my parport patch, thanks for the fix.

This bring up something I was thinking about the other day: I am kinda
disappointed that the choice was made to ditch the !CONFIG_PCI code from
pci.h. There used to be a ton of inlined helpers which replaced all the
PCI functions with no-ops, preventing problems like this parport
breakage.

Maybe I am one of the few who doesn't mind bloating driver code a tiny
bit in order to handle the !CONFIG_PCI case without ugly ifdefs in
driver code...

--
Jeff Garzik | "Are you the police?"
Building 1024 |