    SubjectRe: /dev/console should it always be available?
    Unfortunately I dont have a serial port on the hardware either...
    It was very poorly designed... (IMO) I will try linking /dev/console
    to dev null or the patch I was sent to do "console=null". Hopefully
    this will work.

    Oh and BTW... I did not have this problem with a 2.0.x kernel. Was
    any of the conesole code changed? Currently I have the problem with
    2.3.40+ I have not tested anything else. (No 2.2.x kernels)

    Thanks,
    Mike