SubjectRe: How to survive in a Micro$oft environment??

Alan,

THis is what we are attempting to determine. I'll have more data on
this later today. I post the TCPDUMP binary file (a small excerpt) to
the list. So far, the problem seems confined to the LIZARD install, and
happens when Linux queries an MS NT server for a DHCP address.

Jeff

Alan Cox wrote:

> > being returned to Linux is causing severe network problems, incluing
> > DHCP broadcast storms. Caldera's LIZARD utility gets into a state
> > whereby it starts flooding the network with DHCP broadcasts that will
> > crash local and remote networks (we have brought down our T1 with US
>
> Now thats interesting. I've seen a couple of Caldera reports but no others.
> Does Lizard do its own dhcp differently to the other dhcp packages ?
>
> Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.067 / U:3.576 seconds]