SubjectRe: Periodic RTC interrupt
Date
I have a system (JavaStation-NC) where RTC refuses to supply an
interrupt due to, I assume, a design error. At the moment it
gets time from boot server with rdate. A later board (JavaStation-E)
works fine but the interrupt must be shared (SA_SHIRQ).

I think Ralf does it right if he is making a Mostek driver with PC
compatible ioctl's. Otherwise every twisted hardware design
requires its own version of clock/hwclock as if there was not
enough confusion already. I am for a common API and common
userland source across platforms, if possible.

--Pete

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans