    SubjectRe: Periodic RTC interrupt
    On Sun, Feb 20, 2000 at 08:54:35PM +0100, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:

    > Well, after a kernel crash, you'll "only" have to wait for fsck to finish.
    > But it is no fun at all to come up in 2055 (or so) because hwclock's
    > fallback method (which is to access the ISA bus, I think) fails (no RTC..).
    >
    > After this, "make" will fail, accounting systems report very strange times
    > and so on... That's really not nice;( I think for these reasons, the
    > RTC drivers should be fixed.

    If you think Linux should be improved, you won't find many to
    contradict you on this list. If however you think that the
    bugs you see will vanish by magic without your detailed bug
    report, you unfortunately are mistaken.

    So, if anything is wrong with hwclock, report in detail to the maintainer.
    (Hint: that's me - aeb@cwi.nl)
    In case you think that the bug might in fact be a linux kernel bug,
    cc to this list.

    Bug reports, in detail, that is what we need.
    Not vague muttering `should be fixed'.

    Andries

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.048 / U:32.352 seconds]