    SubjectRe: Capabilities

    > This configuration would prevent any hack entry into the server (via bugs/
    > stack overflow, etc) from being able to do anything to the data (no write
    > down). Without the exec, no shell process could be generated. The
    > most that

    Sorry, disabling exec is security by obscurity (it will deter 95%
    attacks, still!). You can do exec without actually invoking exec
    system call -- you close some fds, mmap executable somewhere into your
    address space, unmap old files ... and you've done exec() without
    actually doing exec. (Mj's freezer does something pretty similar --
    for example he could freeze bash then unfreeze it into your web
    I'm "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."
    Panos Katsaloulis describing me w.r.t. patents me at

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.018 / U:73.544 seconds]