    SubjectRe: P autoconfig doesn't work in 2.3.46
    ADAM Sulmicki wrote:

    > FWIW, I just want to add plea favor of having some form of bootp support
    > in kernel.
    >
    > It has saved me many times and it is hell of easier than initrd. I have
    > done initrd only one time when I wanted to net boot a laptop and I needed
    > pcmcia. However since nowdays pcmcia is in kernel, I probably would not
    > need it anymore.

    It sounds to me like you want bootp support in the kernel because the
    mkinitrd script is
    not easy to use. Solvable problem, not necessarily a kernel problem
    though...

    I just sent a patch into Linus which fixes IP autoconfig, but Alan sez
    "it has-got-to-go" (with elaboration) so I don't think your plea is
    going to get farther than 2.4.x. :)

    --
    Jeff Garzik | I never vote for anyone.
    Building 1024 | I always vote against.