    SubjectRe: freeing a static after one use only?
    "A month of sundays ago Tim Magill wrote:"
    > On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 at 11:54:46PM +0100, Peter T. Breuer wrote:
    > > use it once and then throw it away
    > >
    > Would it be possible to define the static data in its own loadable
    > module, that your driver could insmod and then rmmod?

    It's been suggested. I gave it a try just now, but got oopses.
    Possibly address space and/or unwanted optimization issues.

    And how do I load one module from another, then unload it?

    I settled for making the data module depend on the function module, but
    not vice versa. I then loaded the data module, which forced the
    function module to load first. The data module did its thing, and I
    would have unloaded it next, but it oopsed ...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.029 / U:119.020 seconds]