    SubjectRe: matroxfb, console switches, and BP6 SMP
    On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Robert Woodcock wrote:

    > Hello, once every week or so (it seems like only after using X for a
    > while and then switching virtual consoles a lot, and never when the
    > system has less than around 2 days uptime) my system will hang (no
    > oops, no panic, no ping, no numlock, no sysrq) during the middle of a
    > console switch. Sometimes it displays half of one console and half of
    > the other, with one character of garbage inbetween to separate. I was
    > wondering if anyone else was hitting this and knew why.

    Check the power supply rating. It should be not less than 300w. I had
    similar problems and tracked it down to the 230w power suppy. Threw it out
    and replaced it with a 300w unit and all is well, I'm now into my 14th day

    (Alan - did you get my e-mails on this subject?)

    Nil Carborundum Desperandum, heh-heh.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.020 / U:4.780 seconds]