SubjectKudos to Richard (was Re: Scheduled Transfer Protocol on Linux)
Richard says:
[sticks up for me in public, is not thrilled with Karen's behaviour]

and then finishes up with:

: [betting some people's chins will be banging the ground, never
: expecting me to say this;-]

For those who don't know the background on this, Richard and I have
had knock-down, dragout, take-no-prisoners fights on this list about
scheduling. Hence the chins thunking on the keyboards around the world...

Anyway, background aside, Richard just won sportsman of the year award.
It's not because he's sticking up for me - it's because he's sticking up
for good conduct on this list. He's nailing someone for what he sees
as basically unreasonable behaviour and he is doing that in spite of
our differences. It's even better than that - on a different, very
small, mailing list, he and I and David Parsons have been discussing the
init boot scripts and a rewrite of init that he's doing. On that list,
the last few exchanges from me have been beating up Richard about his
approach to this problem - hardly the most endearing thing I could
do in Richard's eyes.

So here's a guy that has butted heads with me in the past, is butting
heads with me right now elsewhere, and still has the perspective and
integrity to speak for what he thinks is right, even though he may be
less than thrilled with who he is defending.

I don't know about you, but I think Richard rates some points for good
sportsmanship and good integrity. My hat's off, Richard, way to set a
good example.

--lm

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.136 / U:0.228 seconds]