SubjectANNOUNCEMT: Questionnaire Study
Hi Net,

we are a research team at the University of Kiel (Germany) interested in
exploring the Linux way of successfully running Open-Source projects.
Perhaps you remember our announcement of an Open-Sourced study on the
motivation of Linux developers from november last year?

Meanwhile our questionnaire is ready and online (along with a
documentation of the development process), and now we like to invite you
to answer our questions. Since time is a scarce ressource we struggled
to keep the questionnaire as short as possible - what wasn't easy
because
there are many interesting questions about how to design a successful
Open-Source project. However, we found a good compromise so that
completing the questionnaire will take you about 10-20 minutes.

Why should you help us? Well, here's what you might get out of it:

* you help to complete the very first Open-Sourced internet
questionnaire study (at least to our knowledge)

* you contribute your experiences and opinions to understand why the
Linux way of software development is so successful - knowledge
that can be used to facilitate future Open-Source projects. When
the survey is finished, we will make a summary of the results
available on the Internet, along with the (anonymized) raw data.

* you can win one of our great prices (kindly sponsored by SuSE,
Germany), such as
-> 3 stuffed Tux mascots
-> 3 stuffed SuSE chameleons
-> 5 Linux distributions on DVD
-> and more

Since the use of our results for future Open-Source projects heavily
depends on a large number of participants, we would be very happy if as
many as possible Linux developers (i.e. you?) complete the
questionnaire.

Here's where you find the questionnaire:

http://www.psychologie.uni-kiel.de/linux-study/questionnaire.html

For more information about our background and the goals of our study,
please visit the project's homepage:

http://www.psychologie.uni-kiel.de/linux-study

We're looking forward to your participation - and thanks a lot in
advance for your time and input.

Sven Niedner Stefanie Hermann Guido Hertel

(In adition to completing the questionnaire, you can send us ideas and
comments directly to our e-mail addresses on the web-sites.)
--
Sven Niedner, Institut für Experimentelle und Angewandte Physik
Physics of Toroidal Plasmas, http://www.psychologie.uni-kiel.de/~niedner