    SubjectRe: Does anybody try to compile the 2.3 kernels at all ? :((
    Hi Arjan.

    >>> As I do recall, someone here did say that he does compile all
    >>> 2.2.xx kernels with all imaginable config combination with 100%
    >>> success rate...

    >> Not that I've seen. Someone stated that he compiles the kernels
    >> with all options that are supposed to work set to "Y", and
    >> somebody else stated that they do the equivalent modular
    >> compile, but I've seen nobody state that they try all possible
    >> combinations for every kernel.

    > I did compile a LOT (over 2000) of more or less random
    > configurations for the 2.2.14 kernel. I also fixed all but 3
    > problems.

    It also wasn't you I referred to in the above comment, nor was it
    Alan Cox. I saw both those comments in posts from people I didn't
    recognise, and you know I've been on this list long enough to
    recognise all of the regulars...

    > Sergey Kubushin is just trying to be an ass because he quotes me
    > wrongly.

    Perhaps. He's certainly wrong in what he claims.

    > I wrote on l-k that all _BUT THREE_ configurations were supposed
    > to work. I even named all three of the problem cases.

    I have to admit that I hadn't even seen the post you refer to when I
    wrote the reply quoted.

    > Now, in the same thread, he puts the words in my mouth as if I
    > said that 100% would compile, and gives one of the exceptions I
    > gave him as proof that I am a liar.

    > That doesn't mean I like the hfmodem-bug (or the other two
    > bugs), it just means that the right fix just isn't found yet.

    All too true.

    > Before I take Sergey serious again, I expect him to send Alan a
    > decent fix for the hfmodem problem....

    Before *I* take him seriously again, I expect him to have posted fixes
    for ALL THREE of those bugs, and not only to Alan but to this list as

    Best wishes from Riley.

    * Copyright (C) 1999, Memory Alpha Systems.
    * All rights and wrongs reserved.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.026 / U:10.132 seconds]