SubjectRe: Capturing all keys on more-than-102-keys keyboards
On Sat, 12 Feb 2000 wrote:

> [So, this agrees with both Maciej and Vojtech and is a bit more specific.
> More in particular it says that we should never see a 00 in ordinary use,
> since by default translation is on, and all of these errors yield ff.
> Do you both agree with this description? I added this text fragment to
> ]

I think, it's right (I'll lookup my x42 docs and results of my
experiments I performed a few years ago, to be sure, though). Note, it's
hard to achieve a buffer overrun for the 8048 unless there are problems
with the transmission to the host or one is a truly fast typist. ;-)
Pressing too many keys simultanously and achieving the shadow keys effect
is, on the other hand, quite easy on most keyboards. BTW, most BIOSes
emit a chracteristic short beep on receiving the overrun code.

+ e-mail:, PGP key available +