    SubjectRe: Capturing all keys on more-than-102-keys keyboards
    On Sat, 12 Feb 2000 wrote:

    > [So, this agrees with both Maciej and Vojtech and is a bit more specific.
    > More in particular it says that we should never see a 00 in ordinary use,
    > since by default translation is on, and all of these errors yield ff.
    > Do you both agree with this description? I added this text fragment to
    > ]

    I think, it's right (I'll lookup my x42 docs and results of my
    experiments I performed a few years ago, to be sure, though). Note, it's
    hard to achieve a buffer overrun for the 8048 unless there are problems
    with the transmission to the host or one is a truly fast typist. ;-)
    Pressing too many keys simultanously and achieving the shadow keys effect
    is, on the other hand, quite easy on most keyboards. BTW, most BIOSes
    emit a chracteristic short beep on receiving the overrun code.

    + e-mail:, PGP key available +

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.026 / U:81.764 seconds]