    SubjectScheduled Transfer Protocol on Linux

    I'd like to announce the source code release for Scheduled Transfer
    Protocol (STP) support in Linux. SGI played a major role in the
    development of STP to address 2 sides of the performance coin at the
    same time: high bandwidth and low latency. Current GSN hardware with
    STP achieves 720MB/sec on a single stream in bandwidth and 6 usec in
    latency validating these combined design goals.

    SGI is interested in bringing the STP technology to Linux, and to
    lower cost interfaces like Gigabit Ethernet. This is an experimental
    0.1 alpha release providing some pieces towards this goal. This
    release is not intended to be integrated into the kernel in its
    current state of development. We'd like this release to serve as
    the framework to define our goals for the project and the issues
    we're attempting to address, get feedback regarding our approach
    for its continued development, explore avenues to leverage off and
    provide leverage to any related work, and to invite contributions
    from everyone interested.

    The code constitutes a minimal patch to the kernel to enable support
    for STP. The core of the STP functionality can be loaded/unloaded as
    modules (or linked into the kernel). Please refer to
    to download the code, to get more information about STP and the
    project, or to join the STP development mailing list.

    Aman Singla (

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.032 / U:2.740 seconds]