Subject2.4.0-test11 + reiserfs + iptables
Date
Hi guys,
Not sure if this is the right list for this, but I'll spew this forward
too you. Redirects to right place is definitiely welcome. Since I added the
reiserfs kernel patch , I figured I'd mention it.

Problem:

When building the kernel things buld fine with no errors other than the
standard warnings generated by -Wall. Running the make dep bzImage modules
modules_install command completes. Nothing big there, but when i reboot to
the new kernel and the system runs depmod -a `uname -r` I keep getting
unresolved symbols for the ipt_REDIRECT module in the kernel's iptables
support.

I'm using the latest Red Hat **6.2** gcc and glibc, not the 7.0's.

>From what I understand in asking around, there is a symbol in the module
itself that's not being exported to depmod. (?)

1) Is there a way to find out exactly WHAT symbol is not being kicked out?
2) If so is there a way to force that symbol to be exported for depmod's
use?

The reason I ask this here is since it's a kernel level module, I associate
that as a kernel issue.

Thanks gentleman

David

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:51    [W:0.027 / U:3.420 seconds]