SubjectDisableing USB.
Is there a way I can disble a part of the kernel that is compiled into the
kernel? For example I'd like to pass this to lilo: "usb=disable" and then
the usb code is not loaded even though USB has been built into the kernel.

Is such a feature stupid? Or has this already been implemented?

It would be nice if this was generic and I could also pass things like
"procfs=disabled".

The resone I ask is a friend of mine got a new Sony Vaio Laptop that has
the ethernet card and USB device stepping on eachother. It would be nice
to pass to the Redhat/Mandrake/whatever installation boot disk usb=disable
so the ethernet card can work freely (he's doiung a ntwork install becasue
he has no CD-ROM), as he doesn't use any USB devices anyway.

--
---
Bryan Whitehead