SubjectRe: 2.2.18-24 intermittent PS/2 mouse problems
On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 08:10:19PM -0700, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:

> Alan,
>
> I am still seeing intermittent mouse problems with a PS2 mouse on a
> 4 x PPro box with 2.2.18-24. When the system is first powered up,
> the mouse detection is working great. If I reboot the machine without
> powering it down, about 1 in 3 times I do this, the next kernel load
> fails to detect the mouse. I have not looked at the driver to see
> what state the Mouse port is in, but could.
>
> Is there something I could do to help you debug this problem (i.e.
> is there somewhere in the kernel code I should put in some
> sanity checking to see if the mouse is being left in a good state.
>
> Powering down the machine makes the problem go away. Does not happen
> on 2.4.0-12, BTW, just 2.2.18-24.
>
> Jeff

Alan,

One more thing. I was able to reproduce it once during an initial powerup
sequence by putzing with the mouse buttons while the auto-detection was going
on (generating interrupts?). I am wondering if the problem in in the way
interrupts are being handled for the mouse. If I leave the mouse alone
it seems to get autodetected properly.

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:51    [W:0.062 / U:0.724 seconds]