SubjectRe: Serial Console

Yes it could be a modem on the line, so my comment about DCD is wrong, a comms
program must be able to send AT commands to the modem when DCD is not asserted
before the call is setup. I was being confused by the login getty which we run
on the same serial port. This drops back to the login prompt if it sees DCD
being dropped.

Jon

PLANET PROJECT will connect millions of people worldwide through the combined
technology of 3Com and the Internet. Find out more and register now at
http://www.planetproject.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:51    [W:0.028 / U:0.568 seconds]