SubjectRe: using TOS as a key in route cache
Hello
Thanks for your reply. But this can create problems
in some of the cases. For example, "scp" over TCP
starts with TOS 0, then goes to 8 (bulk data). What
happens is that when RTOs are cached, they are
updated for TOS 8 and not for TOS 0, therefore a
new connection does not pick up the cached RTO.

Does this make sense ?

Thanks,
-- Rajeev
(Again, please cc replies to rajeev@akamai.com)

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Helge Hafting wrote:

> Rajeev Bector wrote:
> >
> > Guys
> > I am looking for a reason as to why we want
> > to have different route cache entries for
> > different IP ToS types. Does anyone have
> > any insight into this ?
>
> Because you may want to route time-critical stuff like
> video through a dedicated fast network and slow stuff like email
> through another. Such a setup prevents an email burst from
> disrupting video.
>
> There are many similiar uses.
>
> Helge Hafting

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:51    [W:0.049 / U:0.172 seconds]