SubjectRe[4]: DMA !NOT ONLY! for triton again...
Date
Thanks, Andre! Briefly, the problem is that I can't turn on DMA for a WDC AC21600H CCC F6 drive, all the details are on this mailing list, but I'll put them all together in a single message and email it to you personally, ok? There is still a SMALL chance, that the problem is solvable locally by myself, or maybe it simply can't be solved in principle for this hardware. I very much doubt that my BIOS is quite capable of handling DMA on IDE, but that shouldn't prevent the kernel from using it, right? BTW, Mike, you might want to have a look at http://www.linux.com/tuneup/database.phtml/Hardware/000838.html - I just found it. Somebody there suggests, that you actually have to turn OFF PIO support in the kernel. Will million-check this later... But I wouldn't like to corrupt the disk by 'disabling all BIOS settings' as the author there suggests... At least not LBA...

Thanks again to all
Guennadi