SubjectRe: [RFC] Generic deferred file writing
On Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 03:00:43PM -0700, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> To get ENOSPC handling 99% correct all we need to do is decrement a counter,
> that remembers how many disks blocks are free. If we need a better

Yes, we need to add one field to the in-core superblock to do this accounting.

> estimate than just the data blocks it should not be hard to add an
> extra callback to the filesystem.

Yes, I was thinking at this callback too. Such a callback is nearly the only
support we need from the filesystem to provide allocate on flush. Allocate on
flush is a pagecache issue, not really a filesystem issue. When a filesystem
doesn't implement such callback we can simply get_block(create) at pagecache
creation time as usual.

Andrea

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.073 / U:3.992 seconds]