SubjectRe: SYN_SENT block
On Wed, 27 Dec 2000, Joaquin Rapela wrote:

> I am not a linux kernel guy. I am running a spider that sometimes gets
> blocked for long periods of time. I run a "netstat -nto" and I
> observe a socket in state SYS_SENT that seems to be blocked. Its timer
> keeps on incrementing.
>
> Is there any way to avoid this blocking? Is this a bug in the kernel
> or something wrong in my TCP/IP configuration/settings.

There's something wrong with the network: Your SYN packet that is to
establish the connection to the other machine is never answered by your
"victim".

There's nothing you can do about that. Talk to non-firewalled, working
machines to prevent that. Possibly try to connect() to several sockets
at once (use fork or threads).

--
Matthias Andree