SubjectHow to write patches

Hi,

This question may seem naive, but can anyone tell me if there is any
structured way of writing patches?

I mean suppose I want to implement some
kernel mechanism, and I define my data structures etc. and made most of
the code as loadable module to start with, but still I am having to
change some parts of the kernel code at the development time, and I
want to make that change using patches, so that I do not have to browse
thru the files to change the code as I debug.

Is there any structured way of doing this?

Happy New Year
Sourav

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.021 / U:6.200 seconds]