SubjectRe: aic7xxx 2.4.0 test12 hang
>   While I am in the code I also want to go digging around and see if I
> can find a
> way to turn of the in memory buffering that Linux does for block devices
> as this
> would make my fscking a LOT shorter, (18 gigs is slow),

No, because you need to do the ordering too. You could drop reiserfs on the
disk if you are feeling adventurous as that will cut your fsck time right
down.

> > i've read about similar hangs on an alpha on this list (same kind of controller)
> > any solution there ...

AIC7xxx makes invalid uses of 32bit values for set_bit() and friends so it
may be that for the Alpha and the like problems

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.028 / U:12.652 seconds]