SubjectRe: Problem with ATX halt
On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 11:59:06PM -1000, Ryan Sizemore wrote:
> I am new this whole 'posting to the mailing list' thing, so please
> excuse any obvious mistakes.

Ah, welcome. No mistakes so far :-)

> I have a comp. running mandrake 7.2, and when i go to power it down, it
> gives me a screen full of errors, including a stackdump. It happens as the
> very last thing (including being after the file system is unmounted, so I
> highly doubt that the error is recorded somewhere. But i will hand-copy the
> stack for whomever thinks it may be useful. The error is reproduced every
> time, without equivication. Any insight or questions are much apriciated.
> The motherboard is a Soyo 5EMA+ r1.0 w/ ETEQ EQ82C6638 Chipset, and it has
> an Award BIOS.

Sounds like a broken BIOS (that never happens, right? ;-). Recompile
the kernel and enable "Use real mode APM BIOS call to power off".

Erik

Delft University of Technology, PO BOX 5031, 2600 GA Delft, The Netherlands
Phone: +31-15-2783635 Fax: +31-15-2781843 Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl