SubjectRe: Activating APIC on single processor
Francis Pieraut wrote:

>I try to activate APIC interrruption on a single processor(PIII) with
>kernel2.4.0-test11.
>
>I activate APIC interruption with the configuration of linux kernel
>2.4.0test-11. In the linux kernel configuration under processor type and
>features I activate "APIC and IO-APIC support on uniprocessor", and I
>desactivate "Symmetric multi-processing support". The only way I found to
>check APIC activation is looking into /proc/interrupts, no "IO-APIC" can
>be found there. So I read IO-APIC.txt and I suppose there sould be
>conflicts with IRQ of my PCI cards. So I remove all my PCI cards and still
>have no APIC interrupt.
>Is there another way to check APIC activation?
>Am-I doing to right things to activate IO-APIC?

CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC only works if you actually have an IO-APIC
(the "and" in the description is strict), but most UP boards don't
have one. You should apply the UP-APIC patch, available at:

http://www.csd.uu.se/~mikpe/linux/upapic/

/Mikael

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.025 / U:6.076 seconds]