SubjectRe: [KBUILD] How do we handle autoconfiguration?
I forgot:

The program is in http://people.debian.org/~cate/autoconfigure/

Notes of implementation:

It is a bash script. I've split in two file:
rules file: contain the pci id, device name, resources names,...
It is in a simple format, so that it can used in other programs.
Every resource has also a comment writing where I found it in
kernel sources.
main file: define how to use the rules file and how to detect
special configurations.

The autoconfiguration can be done in an external (target) machine
(it doesn't need nothing of kernel, no lspci, no special programs).

Now autoconfigure is in debug mode:
It write some extra debug information and rewrite twice some config
(one for every time it is detected). It write now only to std output,
to not corrupt actual .config files.

giacomo

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.065 / U:0.396 seconds]