SubjectRe: innd mmap bug in 2.4.0-test12

On Mon, 25 Dec 2000, Marco d'Itri wrote:

> >Do you get any messages? I don't think you will, but it should be tested.
>
> I read you found the real cause so that may be bogus, but I have got two
> messages while booting. The first showed up while doing the fsck of a 6
> GB file systems and killed the process (fscks of smaller partitions
> completed successfully), the second occured while initializing
> /dev/random and left an unkillable dd process and a stuck boot process
> (I gathered this info with sysrq).

I'd still love to get the trace for these. I think I have a handle on the
problems, but it would stil be helpful - dropping a dirty page really
shouldn't happen except for the swap cache (and that should have been
plugged by adding the ClearPageDirty()).

Linus

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.086 / U:13.436 seconds]